Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hear Him

There are many things we can say about our savior Jesus Christ. He is good and has done many wonderful things. He still heals, delivers, restores and saves. His ultimate desire is that no one is lost, and everyone would believe in Him and as a result be saved. Salvation is the center of His will for mankind and the purpose of the gifts of the five fold ministry given to the church. There is power in having faith in Jesus and security in trusting His will for our lives.

He took three of His disciples to a place to witness His transfiguration. The experience was so amazing that the disciples wanted to build tabernacles in honor of those present. As they stood in awe of what they were seeing and not knowing how they should respond or even if a response was warranted, they wanted to do something that would be considered a proper reaction. The only thing they could think of was to erect a structure to mark the spot.

We as believers have been given the power to erect a spiritual structure to mark the spot of an amazing act of Christ. Everyone changed by the power of faith in Jesus Christ has had a transfiguration experience. As we remember where He brought us from and the things from which we have been delivered, we realize He has transfigured before our very own eyes. I didn't know Him like I know Him today. I was bound by sin and had no real sense of how He was able to help me deal with life in general. When I came to Him in faith I found that He was no longer just a name I would use as a gesture of surprise or a vain response to an unexpected truth learned. He became alive in me and I became alive in Him. He transfigured before me and as a result I transfigured before Him. I am new because of Him and I have erected a mental tabernacle in His honor.

My testimony is an honor to Jesus. It marks the spot that He changed before me. When I was delivered from alcohol addiction He showed me a part of Him I had not seen before. When I changed my mind and how I viewed myself I found that it was only because of Him. My testimony is a tabernacle to Christ and He will ever be honored in me.

I was shown that Peter, John and James had to be secure in Christ's diety in order for them to be confident in their ministry. This is why it was important for them to be on the Mount of transfiguration. It wasn't about what they saw, but about what they believed. It is often said that seeing is believing. The event taking place before the eyes of these disciples was capable of giving them a proper perspective. Even though they saw they could not understand. The Father's voice from heaven instructed them to hear. Too often we are more concerned with what we see. My testimony gives me the confidence to hear the word of Christ and trust Him for a favorable outcome despite the presence of things that would make it look otherwise.

My prayer is that every reader will be able to look at what Christ has done in their lives and trust Him to reveal more and more of Himself that will give confidence in His call to repentance, deliverance and walk in His saving grace. God bless and keep you.

Thank you for listening.

No comments: