Monday, October 18, 2010

Out of The Pit

Chilean miners were trapped for months. After 69 days the task to bring the miners to the surface began. The media crowed around to capture the moments as the first worker came to the surface. There was much fanfare as the first worker we rescued. We notice as the numbers increase, the lure of media attention decreased. Once the story broke it quickly became old news. But I can imagine for the miners their excitement never waned. This is their long awaited rescue. They were being brought out of a pit to see loved ones and be reunited with the rest of society.

Our Christian walk should mirror this event. The fanfare will wear off but the lure of the promise of God should keep each individual encouraged as we look forward to the day we are united with our Savior in the place He has prepared for us. John 14:1-3 States, “Let not you heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself; that where I am , there ye may be also.

What a wonderful promise we have from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I can imagine the miners becoming weary at times wondering about the efforts placed towards their recovery. They had received worldwide media coverage and their names published abroad but they were still trapped below. How glorious it is to know that our names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and published throughout the heavens. We await our rescue to be lifted out of the this world and carried to the place prepared for us in the heavens. There we will be united with the citizens of the city of Our God and receive the reward of eternal life. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. (Rev. 3:21) Seek and obey the will of God in all things. The promises of God are ye and amen. Repent and trust in Jesus Christ. This is the only way to be brought up out of the pit of this world.

No comments: