Friday, December 10, 2010

Word of the Day "Suddenly"

I woke up one morning this week with the word suddenly in my spirit. I thought to myself that must be the word of the day. I remembered the Bible tells us that on the Day of Pentecost they were with one accord and in one place (Acts 2:1). The word suddenly appears and we see the events that follow. I had to ask myself how the word suddenly could be applied to me. I searched the scriptures a little more for the word and found it can be used to describe the results of many different circumstances. I found in the book of Proverbs the naughty, spiritually mischeveous or wicked person. They are intentionally deceptive in their actions and they seem to know the right things to do or say . They take every opportunity to sow discord or to speak against fruitful relationships. The evil in their hearts cause them to constantly disrupt the things that are intended to be a blessing. The end of that person is pronounced as calamity. It will come suddenly (Prov. 6:12-15).

How much better it is to live a life that will afford us the opportunity to expect the blessings of God. The Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night (2Pet. 3:10). If we apply the word suddenly to our right now, would it be blessing or curse, heaven or hell? The people of God wait with great expectation for the comming of our Lord. Watching for a visiting loved one is nothing like waiting for our Lord. He's coming back for those He has redeemed. His return means our departure. The day will come suddenly to those who are not watching (Luke 12:39). Suddenly can mean the best is yet to come or it only gets worse.

Questions:

What should I be doing when Jesus returns?

How do I know I will go with Him?

Where will I be taken?

For answers see: http://www.streetsquad.org

No comments: