Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Eyes Wide Shut

I commute about thirty miles one way to work each morning. Sometimes traffic is tolerable other times not so much. One morning as I was driving to work making fairly good progress, considering a normal days commute. I found myself behind an eighteen wheeler. Although traffic was moving at a good pace, I could not see far ahead at all. Not being able to see too far beyond the front of my vehicle, I noticed I started to feel anxious and unsettled. I eventually moved around the vehicle as it merged in a different direction.

Afterwards I asked myself why I reacted that way. My answer was I could not see. Honestly it was only for a few minutes but it did not take long for my emotions to respond to the situation. Just realizing this helped me to see how as believers we still need to guard our hearts against our own thoughts and perceptions. The Word of God tells us the just shall live by faith (Gal. 3:11) and that we walk by faith not by sight (2Cor. 5:7). Today as we travel through this world going about our daily routine, let us take time to think about how we process our right now situations and be determined to filter them through faith in Christ. He is a keeper (Isa. 26:3).

No comments: