Tuesday, November 23, 2010

He Waited for Me

In His infinite wisdom, He chose a day and a time
Not for you only but also for mine
My life was in shambles, I was deep in sin
Struggling without knowing, dying from within


Lost without assurance and no sense of belief
His grace was escaping, for me no relief
One day I heard, a word being explained
He's coming back; yes, His son already came


For the weak and the weary a savior was born
Man's inherent sin a relationship torn
Mending broken fences walls torn down
There's no more partition, He wears the crown


If I can believe Him, I too will be saved
Only He knows the hour or the day
Regardless of my past or the sin that had me bound
There is an escape cause He wears the crown


I violated His law, I was worthy of death
Instead He called me close, and gave me rest
Under His shade I stand, not knowing the day
My sin is forgiven, He made a way


Forever gratefull, I wait at His feet
That day at the rapture, we shall meet
I don't know now, but then will I see
The one that loved me enough to wait for me


- Aaron Easter

No comments: